Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January in Juneau

Well it's good to be home again after about two days in airports a week ago and weather delays, etc. I finally made it to Juneau Airport with a snow storm. Everyone keeps asking me for photos of where I live so I thought I'd finally take one with snow instead of rain. The picture doesn't do the driveway justice. It's so steep we don't park the cars there during winter and I often have to wear creepers(spikes) on the bottom of my boots to keep from breaking my neck on the way down to the house.












This photo is looking out the sliding glass door in the back of the house. The woods do a good job of hiding the "highway." We had all this snow when I took the photos and then after I rested for two days due to jet lag it was rained quite a bit turning the whole place into a slushy ice festival. It's interesting driving on inch thick ice almost made me feel like I was back on the ALCAN last winter.lol












After the slush fest the following weekend was bright and sunny and Monday was overcast but cold enough to avoid any possibility of rain. I found out there was still some snow out tby the glacier and lots more "out the road" so here's one photo I took while attempting to learn how to use the new camera(Nikon D40). I'll have more photos in my next post. Since everyone has been asking me for pictures I wanted to add this quick update.

No comments: