Saturday, September 29, 2007

Working in Bear Country

This is a photo taken in Southeast Alaska where Brown Bears are common. It's never wise to turn your back on a bear of any species but fortunatley the person taking this photo was also armed and this bear was simply traveling from point a to point b with no consideration of us humans. Working around bears has taught me a great deal about bear behavior. However, I always remember that they are unpredictable wild animals and I'm in their home!There is always something more to learn from nature. Living and working in remote areas of Alaska and getting to see the natural wonders is truly incredible. Like most nature lovers being able to see bears is a fun and amazing experience. I'll have many more bear photos and tales as I get the time to add to my blog.

No comments: