Saturday, September 29, 2007

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. After much encouragement from friends and family I left a career on the east coast of the U.S. and moved 5,000+ miles(driving distance) to Alaska to follow my dream of working in this beautiful place. My journey has had many wonderful experiences as well as some trying moments and after much prodding from family members I've decided to create this blog so that friends, family and the world can read about and see photos of some of my adventures. Some of these adventures occurred while working with Alaska's wildlife but this is in no way an official agency website. It's just my thoughts, descriptions and photos for all to enjoy. I hope you all enjoy it and I'll be interested in feedback of any kind. Thanks for visiting my new blog!

3 comments:

Mom said...

great blog. best thing you have ever done I think. Love all of it.
Mom

Lally said...

Thanks for the kind words on the post about my blog. As you know, I had my own Alaskan adventure when I played a small role in the film WHITE FANG and spent several weeks in Haines. I didn't get as close to any bears as you have, but I saw one fishing in a stream once, and at closer range some moose and eagles, and of course glaciers, which as we all know, are shrinking (I won't get into the politics of global warming, but...). It's incredible country, and your blog is bringing it all back to me in a very real and present way. I'll be checking it every day (no pressure) as part of my new routine of reading an array of differing blogs, instead of the morning paper. It leaves my head much happier. Thanks for adding to that pleasure. Uncle M

Unknown said...

Hey Carl, love the blog. A great continuation of the Alaska story you have been telling so far. That tree is amazing. Are there many like it? I would love to see more pictures.