Monday, September 1, 2008

The Family Visit to Southeast Alaska!

I decided to add some photos from one of the best days of the family visit this summer. These are all from Tracy Arm one of the prettiest places on earth and pretty much a must see for any summer visitors to Juneau, AK! The whale photo was taken near Grand Island on the way back to town after the tour was over. There's lots more which I'll try to add when I get a chance. I'm going to have to figure out a faster way to do this. Maybe my flickr account or I'll have to look into this "facebook" that my sister and friends keep telling me to get. Unfortunately, we don't get internet in too many of the field camps I work in. The perils of life in the big wild.
















































4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GAWD!!! Scary beautiful if there is such a thing. Wow. Thanks for sharing the rare wonders up there with us lowlanders. Carry on.

Lally said...

sweet

-K- said...

That middle shot, with the reflection of the mountain on the water, is just awesome.

Kritkrat said...

Wait, wait, wait - how did you manage to get sun on Tracy Arm?!